Yeah well said Venu. I really like the "bedroom part" Luckily there was a tree. Imagine to our horror if one of our residents are driving inside GC towards the 2nd guardpost and that white car had missed the tree and flew right into GC's compound smashing into the poor GC driver. What happens if it was one of the GC resident cycling or kid walking back and the car rammed into the cyclist/kid and the impact caused the cyclist/kid to be flung into the lagoon and drown? Ya, my imagination running wild here eh? Or maybe I'm such a pessimistic person? Guess not cos my intuition/foresight is great and it's always ahead of time. Remember I was so upset about the sleeping guards and that we ought to beef up security blah blah blah.....guess what? One of our unfortunate residents' home got broken into between 10pm and 4am yesterday while they were sound asleep. I don't like to say this but i have to...."I TOLD YOU SO!!!" Apparently the the thief(s) scaled the wall next to Jalan Teluk Gong and there are no CCTV nor infrared detector (I'm not even sure the ones along the boardwalk still work or not cos nowadays no guards come running along when I go past the detector and also no guards are inside the control room at night) along the perimeter fencing (anyone noticed lately that a guard was placed next to the Damar Laut boom gate?). Luckily only cash and mobile phones were stolen and no bodily harm occurred. I really don't understand why must the security team wait till some mishap to happen before taking the appropriate and necessary steps and fire fight instead of adopting a "prevention is better than cure" attitude? Please fight this cause with me. Let's all insist that GCD erect those fences similar to the ones that divide GC homes from the shoplots and make sure that the top edge is pointed outwards and secured with barb wires from the 1st guardpost right up to the shoplots. These fences should be at least 15 feet high. This should help keep trespassers from scaling the existing 8 foot wall as well as to soften the impact if any vehicle came smashing into GC compound or the retaining walls. Please please please also insist that 2 guards be stationed at the 2nd guardpost (to keep each other company and not falling asleep as well as back up support) and to salute and be alert at all times instead of pretending to be doing something on the desk whenever we approach or be asleep and all visitors to handover their driving licences in exchange for a visitor access pass and that under no circumstances should any guard be allowed to tap their access cards for anyone including residents be it entry or exit purposes. Let's all do this in unison. If any gurads are caught sleeping or not attentive, please blare the horn till they respond. Yeah!!! I shall be posting new warnings when I receive strong vibes about anything untoward but preventable that is going to happen in GC. Meantime I'm going back to my cave to meditate. ohmmmmmmm zzzzzz Nicky --- On Fri, 24/4/09, joe ramayah <joe.ramayah@gmail.com> wrote:
|
Enjoy a better web experience. Upgrade to the new Internet Explorer 8 optimised for Yahoo!7. Get it now..
No comments:
Post a Comment